February 2005 – Present
- Sole IT person for two branch libraries equipped with 60+ PCs serving a population of 30,000 residents with an average monthly circulation of over 20,000 items.
- Responsible for every element of computer operations. Install, modify and maintain computer hardware and software systems. Coordinate with regional IT staff members on troubleshooting, training, and purchasing. Provide technical assistance and technology training to patrons and staff members. Create and deliver classes for users covering basic to intermediate computer skills. Assist Branch Manager with all decisions regarding computers and related technologies, including budget, planning, computer policy, and services.
- Aid in all elements of library operations, including circulation duties, reference, customer service, public relations, programming, collection development, building maintenance, and administrative duties. Supervise up to three part-time staff members on weekends.
- Evaluate and improve regional library system web pages as member of regional Web Development Team. Currently collaborating on complete redesign of regional website, including transition to CMS architecture.
- Past projects include: significant upgrade of quantity and quality of staff and public PCs; installations of public wireless access and firewall; launch of monthly classes on current topics of interest related to technology.
2008 – 2011
Master’s of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
Expected graduation date: May 2011
- GPA: 4.0
- Awarded MLIS Merit Scholarship for Fall 2010
- Completed Optional Track in Technology (15 credits of classes devoted to technology)
American Library Association
Library Information and Technology Association
Georgia Library Association
Georgia Library Association/Council of Media Organizations (GaCOMO) XXI 2009
- Co-Presenter: Making Library Websites More Usable
Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) National Forum 2010
Additional Training & Skills
- Broad knowledge of personal computers, servers, printers, scanners, networking, A/V equipment, and other personal technology.
- Experience with MS Windows (3.1 through 7), UNIX/Linux, MS Office 2003/2007/2010, Photoshop, MySQL, WordPress, HTML/CSS, web and graphic design, and basic object oriented programming.